A set and forget one pan pesto chicken thighs recipe with heaps of roasted mini potatoes and broccoli. This recipe is perfect for busy evenings when you don't have a lot of time to stand at the stove cooking. Plus, there is no compromising on health or taste, as this recipe ticks both of those boxes as well. Have perfectly seasoned chicken thighs, crispy mini potatoes and broccoli bursting with pesto flavour on your table in under 30 minutes.
Whats so great about this One Pan Pesto Chicken Thighs recipe?
Apparently, chicken thighs are trending right now (weird, I know). So, it would be a no brainer for me to share one of my favourite one pan chicken thighs recipes. Since quick, easy and healthy recipes are my jam. Aside from being super delicious, filling and healthy, the best part is that this recipe is extremely easy. Literally all you do is slap some food on a pan and forget about it until your oven timer screams at you. I know, that sounds heavenly doesn't it? I'm sure we all have those nights where you are either too exhausted or you simply don't feel like slaving away in the kitchen. I feel you. This is the moment where I would personally think about heading over to the nearest McDonalds. But, instead of hitting up the drive thru, try this recipe for a healthier alternative.
Let's talk about the 'healthiness' and weight loss factor
You have your protein from the chicken, fat from the pesto, fibre from the broccoli and carbohydrates from the potatoes; a perfectly balanced meal to keep you satisfied and full. The ultimate goal we try to achieve for weight loss is to be satisfied and full at all costs. The best way to ensure fullness and satisfaction is to try and consume meals that are both balanced and low in caloric density more often. Balance = satisfaction and low calorie dense foods = Fullness. If you are wondering what the heck caloric density is, no worries, you can read more about it here. Consuming more foods low in caloric density has been key to my weight loss success.
Check out our other simple and healthy recipes:
Please leave me a comment if you made this recipe and don’t forget to share a picture of your creation with @Fiftyshadesofyumm on Facebook and Instagram using#Fiftyshadesofyumm.
ENJOY AND HAPPY COOKING!
One Pan Pesto Chicken Thighs with Roasted Mini Potatoes and Broccoli
- 680 grams Mixed tri coloured mini potatoes whole or halved
- 2 crowns Broccoli chopped
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 1 ½ tablespoon Basil Pesto
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 head Garlic cut in half
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ large Red onion Chopped into large chunks
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice or water
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a large (or two medium size) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss the mini potatoes and onion in the pesto until everything is evenly coated. Spread potatoes and onion onto the lined baking sheet evenly making sure it isnt too crouded--you may need a second baking sheet. Place raw chicken thighs evenly throughout the potatoes.
- Cut the garlic head in half and remove any flaky skin pieces. Rub the cut side of the garlic over the tops of the chicken thighs. Place the garlic cut side up amongst the potatoes and chicken.
- In a small bowl add the thyme, basil, oregano, and lemon juice. Stir to mix. Using this mixture baste the tops of the chicken thighs. Sprinkle salt evenly over the entire pan of food. Place baking sheet in the oven to bake for 24 minutes. Flip the potatoes at the 12 minute mark.
- If you want a more intense garlic flavour, mince a few cloves of the roasted garlic after cooking and toss into the cooked potatoes--measure this part with your heart!