Oh so mini and cute! These Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bites are the perfect appetizer or snack. They are succulently smokey, decadently creamy, with a little bit of crunch. Have these bite sized beauties on your table in under 15 minutes!
What makes these Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bites so amazing?
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bites are one of my personal favourite snack recipes while trying to lose weight. After I had my son in the spring of 2020, I found myself wanting to lose the baby weight. Though, I needed to make sure what I was eating was substantial since I was breastfeeding. Not to mention, something I would also enjoy. Let's be real, I know losing weight is extremely difficult and restricting our favourite things can be downright miserable.
But, what about carbs? Aren't they bad?
Don't fear the carbs! Unless you have a diagnosed allergy or medical condition, you should steer clear from eliminating entire food groups. If you know that you will feel deprived and miserable, then just don't do it. I promise you can eat all the foods you love and still lose weight. If you would like to know more about eliminating carbs, take a look at this medically reviewed post on carb cycling. Additionally, please take a look at the nutrition label I've created below.
|Amount per serving
Calories from Fat 108
|% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 12g
|Saturated Fat 6g
|Trans Fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrate 40g
|Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Let's talk prep time!
With all weight loss info aside, this Smoked Salmon recipe is the simplest recipe if you're looking for a tasty snack in a pinch. The only prior planning you need to do is to make sure the salmon is defrosted and safe to eat. Otherwise, all you need to worry about is cutting up the ingredients, toasting the bread in the oven, and assembling. Voila! You've got yourself a tasty and healthy snack!
Check out some of our other healthy recipes:
Please leave me a comment if you made this recipe and don’t forget to share a picture of your creation with @Fiftyshadesofyumm on Facebook and Instagram using #Fiftyshadesofyumm.
ENJOY AND HAPPY COOKING!
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bites
- 1 Harvest wheat Baguette approx. 255g
- 50 grams Smoked Steelhead Salmon defrosted
- 6 tablespoon Whipped Cream Cheese
- ¾ cup Arugula
- ½ tablespoon Sesame Seeds Optional
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Slice the baguette into rounds (approx ¾ inch thickness). Arrange in a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Toast in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the bread is in the oven slice the salmon into strips approx the width of your index finger. When toast is cooled spread a thin layer of whipped cream cheese on each toast. Top with arugula and then the smoked salmon. Garnish with sesame seeds (optional)