A creamy and salty side dish to kick those cravings once and for all!
Okay, maybe you don't have a crazy pickle craving at the moment...
Even if you aren't finding yourself up in the middle of the night wanting a salty snack ASAP, this recipe is still worth a try. This pasta salad is a hit at potlucks and spring/summer picnics.
I am currently pregnant and at that perfect stage where I am craving the most random of things at strange times. Lately, it has been all about the pickles! Let's be honest though, I would randomly crave pickles long before I decided to start growing a human inside of me. I feel like all dill pickle lovers alike have felt the stress of hearing that godly pickle jar call your name from the refrigerator.
Even though I love pickles like none other, I have to admit that I get tired of the same old plain pickle. Thus, the dill pickle pasta salad was born!
I've decided to create a pasta salad that is both tasty and also plant based. I am personally not a vegan; however, I do enjoy eating plant based as much as possible. Switching out some of your dairy products for their dairy free alternatives is very simple; and sometimes you can barely tell the difference!
Whats even better about this recipe is that you don't have to make it vegan if you don't want to. Just simply switch out the vegan mayo and vegan cheese for the real deal and you've got yourself an amazing vegetarian side dish. Although I have to admit, vegan products have come a long way and with the right product your cruelty free pasta salad tastes just as good as the real deal!
Go ahead and quickly whip up this great recipe with the ingredients you have in your fridge/pantry and make sure to let me know in the comments below how it turns out!
Vegan Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- 5 Cups Uncooked pasta shells
- ¾ Cup Vegan mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Vegan cheese Small cubes
- ¾ Cup Dill pickles Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon Dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon Dill weed
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ Cup Red onion Finely chopped
- Over high heat boil a pot of salted water. Once water is boiling add in your uncooked pasta and cook until al dente. Once the pasta is finished cooking drain the excess water.
- In a large bowl add the cooked pasta shells, vegan mayo, vegan cheese, dill pickles, lemon juice, dill pickle juice, dill weed, garlic powder, and diced onions. Gently toss all of the ingredients in the bowl until everything is well encorporated.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge to cool for aproximately 1 hour before serving.